In the previous video we saw that in the last days a beast will be arising out of the earth. In this video we will focus on understanding how this beast will behave and what is the mark with which this beast marks its followers.
In the 13th chapter of the book of Revelation we see the beast from the earth, who has “two horns like a lamb”, is performing many deceptive miracles and “deceives those who dwell on the earth… to make an image to the beast who was wounded by the sword and lived. He was granted power to give breath to the image of the beast, that the image of the beast should both speak and cause as many as would not worship the image of the beast to be killed” (Revelation 13:14,15).
An image is a likeness or resemblance, so the image of the beast, which will be set up by the beast from the earth (that is, the United States of America), will resemble the characteristics of the beast from the sea (That is, the medieval union of church and state). Revelation 13 shows that despite their totally different times and circumstances, they will be remarkably similar:
- The beast from the sea was a religious power, involved in worship, the “image of the beast” likewise is promoting worship.
- The sea beast was an international political power. The image of the beast also operates in the international political sphere—”He exercises all the authority of the first beast” (Revelation 13:12).
- The sea beast used the military might of its allies to impose its agenda on the world. The image of the beast will likewise use its superpower status to “cause [force] the earth and those who dwell in it to worship the first beast whose deadly wound was healed” (Revelation 13:12).
- The sea beast was a blasphemous power. In making an image of the beast the United States will renew the blasphemous attempts to take God’s prerogatives and mock His word by legislating and enforcing changes in God’s law. I will say more about this later in this video.
- The most prominent characteristic of the sea beast was its persecution of the saints. Likewise, the image will be a persecuting power—”the image of the beast should both speak and cause as many as would not worship the image of the beast to be killed” (Revelation 13:15).
Mark of the beast
The beast from the earth (that is, the American union of church and state) “will cause all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and slave, to receive a mark on their right hand or on their foreheads, and that no one may buy or sell except one who has the mark” (Revelation 13:16,17).
For nearly 2,000 years there has been intense curiosity and imaginative speculation about the mark of the beast. Brands, tattoos, or bar codes have been suggested, and in recent years attention has focused on an imbedded microchip. While any of these could happen (and Satan certainly could arrange for a counterfeit to draw attention from the real issues), the scriptures give significant clues as to the true nature of the mark of the beast.
You can read the full transcript of this video here.
If you were blessed by this video, I would appreciate it if you would like it, share it with someone, and subscribe to my YouTube channel; that really encourages me to keep on making more videos.
Order the book “A Revelation of Jesus”
A Revelation of Jesus by David Lackey is available from Barnes and Noble (free shipping), Amazon, and many other bookstores.